- Эта тема пуста.
- 17/12/2020 в 17:14 #45491Main AditorХранитель
To sell out of something is to sell all of it and have no more left for people to buy. Examples of use:
- Their designer shoes are beautiful, but they have sold out in my size.
- We’re selling out of iPhones very fast. We must order some more.
- I’m sorry. We have sold out of tickets for the show.
- He sells out of his homemade cakes every day.
When all the tickets to a play, film, concert, or other public performance have been sold the event is sold-out (adjective)
Example of use: We tried to buy tickets for their concert but it’s sold-out.
sell-out (noun) – when all the tickets to an event have been sold it is a sellout.
Example of use: Take That start their sell-out tour on Monday.
When all the items for sale in a shop have been sold they are sold-out (adjective)
Example of use:
Q. Could I buy one of your chocolate cakes, please?
A. I’m sorry. They are all sold-out.
infinitive sell out present simple sell out and sells out -ing form selling out past simple sold out past participle sold out
Practise your English and write a sentence using this phrasal verb. Think of a suitable response to this question using the phrasal verb sell out.
7. Do you have these shoes in size 8?
- Для ответа в этой теме необходимо авторизоваться.